Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Another loss this week

I'm just back from my meeting and lost 0.4kg this week. That was pretty good considering I did have a little Easter Egg attack on Sunday & Monday. But I walked 6 days out of 7 so my goal this week is to walk every day. I'm also going to extend how far I walk. Should be interesting!

I had my mother over for dinner Saturday night and made our new family favourite, Pork in Plum Sauce. It's soooo yummy.

Marinade:
1.5 tbsp light soy sauce (I actually use normal soy sauce)
1.5 tbsp sherry
2 tsp chilli sauce (or sweet chilli sauce)
garlic to taste
1/2 tsp Chinese five spice

460g pork (I use pork fillet & cut it up while still frozen..that way you can get very thin slices)
2 tsp oil of your choice
onion
capsicum
shallots (spring onions or whatever you call them)
3/4 cup SPC plum sauce

Mix all the marinade ingredients & place the sliced pork in it to marinade for 2 hours or longer.
Heat oil in pan or wok and saute onion & capsicum until soft, add shallots and stir fry for about 1 minute. Add pork and stir fry until cooked, add the plum sauce & remaining marinade. You may need a bit of cornflour to thicken it up a bit (not included in pts total).

Serves 4 - 4.5 pts per serve

Serve with cooked rice (2 pts). You can also add any other vegies that you like. Mushrooms are good in this too.

1 comment:

  1. Hmmm that marinade sounds yummy. Think I might try that this week. Will tell you what I think he he. I do think that the more I walk the better my losses are. I brought the Lesley Sansone walking dvd and I am quite enjoying them. It is good for rainy days like it is today here.

    ReplyDelete