Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Things are going along nicely

Weigh in is tomorrow and I'm feeling pretty good even though I've only walked 2 days this week. Yesterday I got my daughter's bicycle out (mine is bigger and I don't feel comfortable on it) and rode it for 3kms. OMG! My bum is so sore and the muscles in my thighs are hurting. The seat was a bit low so my knees were scrunched under me and I can never work out this gear thing. Consequently, I couldn't go up any hills LOL.

Yesterday I did my menu planning for the next 10 days or so. Usually I do this on Wednesday but since I was doing the grocery shopping, I thought it might be an idea. So here is what's planned for our household this week.

Last night: Butter chicken and stuffed mushrooms from STGTBT Bks 4 & 3.
Tonight: Chicken Burgers (it's scrapbook class night for me so I need something quick and easy)
Wednesday: Pork in Plum Sauce
Thursday: Porcupine Casserole from STGTBT Bk 3. Everyone on the WW boards rave about this so I thought I'd try it.
Friday: Honey Prawns from STGTBT Bk 4. Had these last week and they are divine!
Saturday: McDonalds - I have a Lean Beef Burger and cook myself some Woolies Select oven fries
Sunday: Oriental Pork from STGTBT Bk 4
Monday: Thai Fish from STGTBT Bk 4
Tuesday: Subway

Those STGTBT books have been an absolute godsend for me. Everything I've tried so far has been so yummy and the family has loved them all. So I'm looking forward to the week's menu. I remember when I used to hate cooking...now I'm loving it. Funny isn't it?

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the link to your blog, Alison! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. BTW, I forgot to add that after reading your glowing review of the STGTBT books, I went to Amazon to search for them. Unfortunately, there is only one American version. I ordered a copy and it should arrive on Thursday. I can't wait to see what recipes are in it! The Butter Chicken on your menu sounds awesome! It's just difficult for me to imagine a low-fat healthy version of that. LOL

    ReplyDelete